Technology/Mid-Stage Category Specialist - Business Development
This position will be a remote, work-from-home role.
We are seeking a next-level business development professional with category expertise in early to mid-stage startups in FinTech, BioTech, MedTech. You must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Must have the ability to identify, prospect, communicate, present, and close B2B business decision-makers.
Our core values are Quality, Integrity, and Responsiveness. We seek candidates with talent and who can fit within our culture.
This is a business development role, and your focus will be strictly on new business development. You will be managing inbound opportunities while developing your consistent pipeline developed within target categories.
Candidates must have high-level marketing, sales, and business acumen. Prior use and understanding of CRM, Inbound Marketing, Sales Enablement is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work intensity, be self-motivated, and be competitive. They should have previous outside sales experience and are looking to join a fast-paced company where everyone on the team is given a high degree of flexibility to do their job, and with high-performance expectations as well.
This position will report directly to the Director of Sales.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for:
- Conducting high volume research and prospecting to identify good-fit target prospects, key decision-maker contacts, and qualified sales leads
- Setting new appointments using a variety of both inside and outside sales tactics (phone, social media, email, face-to-face, etc.)
- Conducting initial needs assessment calls to identify best opportunities
- Creating and presenting customized sales proposals and presentations with the ability to explain complex business solutions
- Creating and using appropriate prospect outreach and communication plans (sales plays, email templates, etc.)\
- Participating in the creation and sharing of content and resources including marketing content, blog posts, video, webinars, live events, and more
- Leverage our marketing content and blog to master the art of getting the first appointment
- Utilizing our CRM (HubSpot) and sales enablement tools (including video) throughout your sales process and to your advantage
You must have:
- A minimum 3 years of successful B2B/solution sales experience in one of the following Fin/Med/Biotech/SaaS/PaaS
- A proven track record of being able to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to demonstrate product knowledge and value to prospects
- The technical aptitude to effectively use our CRM and sales enablement tools
- A keenly developed competitive nature; A strong desire to win!
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation and desire to be productive
- The ability to deal with rejections and objections appropriately
- Highly developed planning, time management, and organization skills to prioritize activities and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills
- The ability and a desire to work from home but as part of a highly engaged and fast-paced company
This position offers a competitive base pay with unlimited potential via a strong commission plan. You will receive thorough training in this role.
Remote/home office in the United States with some travel.
Full-time with benefits, paid vacation and holidays, and professional growth opportunities
Complete the Sales Talent Assessment and email your resume in PDF form to: ElissaNauful@csscenter.com